Let’s face it. One of the main reasons students attend college is to get an education that will lead to an outstanding career. Everyone recognizes that in today’s society, a college degree is a necessity for those hoping to get ahead in the world. Ashland University knows that and has developed an outstanding Career Services Center that creates “Powerful Partnerships” with students in an effort to give students that edge.
And we are seeing much success. In fact, 93 percent of the 2015 AU graduates for which we have information were employed or in graduate school within six months of their graduation. This success illustrates our commitment to students both inside and outside of the classroom.
A breakdown for the class of 2015 (those undergraduates graduating in December 2014, May 2015 and August 2015), shows that slightly more than 86 percent of those who responded reported they were employed while more than 6 percent are pursuing additional education.
The Ashland University Career Services Center offers programs and services to assist students in exploring major and career opportunities, finding job and internship opportunities, learning job search strategies and exploring graduate school options.
Through the resources and support of the Career Services Center, students participate in the career development process; integrate their academic studies to their work and to the community; develop personal, academic and work competencies; make effective career and related academic decisions; acquire career-related experience; gain professional employment; and plan for graduate or professional school.
Here are some other facts that illustrate the success we are having:
· A total of 435 unique employers and graduate schools recruited AU students during the 2015-16 academic year.
· A total of 1,101 resume and cover letter reviews were completed by the Career Services Center during the 2015-16 academic year.
· More than 1,596 students attended Career Services events or presentations during the 2015-16 academic year.
· A total of 69 newly created internships were cultivated through grant funding and employer partnerships.
· Employment opportunities posted in the AU Career Center included 559 full-time job postings, totaling 12,082 opportunities, and 158 internship postings offering 2,223 opportunities.
As you peruse our website, you will see several examples of how we provide the support and resources for students to not only succeed at Ashland University, but to excel both here and beyond. We encourage you not only to read these stories, but also envision yourself attending a university where this support is a primary focus. Envision learning something new every day, having once-in-a-lifetime experiences on a regular basis and building friendships that will last a lifetime.
You can check out the Career Services Center website at: