6/9/15 ASHLAND, Ohio – The Ashland University Office of Admissions has partnered with all academic departments on campus and will provide interactive Summer Visit Programs that will allow prospective students to investigate the college majors and careers that they are considering.
“The summer 2015 visit days are set up to allow prospective students to experience Ashland University in a number of ways, including spending time with faculty and current AU students as well as asking questions of admissions representatives,” said W.C. Vance, director of admissions. “These programs are more comprehensive than traditional campus visits because of the heavy academic and career component.”
Vance said the Summer Visit Programs also will include a campus tour, an overview of campus life and next steps for students considering Ashland University. “These unique summer events will allow prospective students and their parents to explore college majors that will help guide the students to career choices after graduation,” he said.
The Summer Visit Programs schedule is as follows:
· Exploring Majors in Sports – Friday, June 26, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Majors include Digital Media Journalism, Digital Media Production, Exercise Science, Sport Communication and Sport Management.
· Exploring Majors in Education – Friday, July 10, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Majors include Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Intervention Specialist, Intervention Specialist and Middle Grades.
· Exploring Majors in Health – Monday, July 13, or Friday, July 31, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Majors include Athletic Training, Biochemistry, Biology, Dietetics, Exercise Science, Health & Risk Communication, Nursing, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Veterinary Medicine, Psychology and Toxicology.
· Exploring Majors in Business – Friday, July 24, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Majors include Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Fashion Merchandising, Finance, Hospitality Management, Information Systems, International Business, Marketing, Sport Management and Supply Chain Management.
· Exploring Majors in Natural Science, Computer Science & Mathematics – Friday, July 24, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Majors include Actuarial Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Art & Graphic Programming, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Forensics, Geology, Geoscience Technology and Management, Information Systems, Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Science Education, Physics and Toxicology.
· Exploring Majors in the Arts – Friday, Aug. 7, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Majors include Art Education, Commercial Art, Computer Art & Graphic Programming, Digital Media Journalism, Digital Media Production, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Music, Music Education and Theatre.
· Exploring Majors in Communication, Thought & Service – Friday, Aug. 7, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Majors include Ashbrook Scholars Program, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, English, English Education, French, French Education, Health & Risk Communication, History, History Education, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Relations & Strategic Communication, Religion, Social Work, Spanish, and Spanish Education.
Those wanting more information regarding the Summer Visit Programs or wanting to register for an event, can go to ashland.edu/visit or can call 800.882.1548 ext. 5052.
Ashland University is a mid-sized, private university conveniently located a short distance from Akron, Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio. Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) values the individual student and offers a unique educational experience that combines the challenge of strong, applied academic programs with a faculty and staff who build nurturing relationships with their students.