8/12/15 ASHLAND, Ohio – During Orientation Weekend (O-Weekend), Ashland University will become a home away from home for AU students. Fall classes begin on Monday, Aug. 24, and new students will start arriving on campus on Friday, Aug. 21.
With activities and programs scheduled throughout orientation weekend, students will create friendships with their peers and become better acclimated with the campus. On Friday, Aug. 21, students will check in at the residence hall lobbies between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to meet with RAs and receive room keys and Orientation Weekend Welcome Packs. Movers and shakers from the Greek Life community will be available to help students move in.
After the move-in, AU invites incoming students and parents to a casual "Welcome Dinner” on Friday, Aug. 21, from 5 to 5:50 p.m. or 6 to 6:50 p.m. in upper level of Myers Convocation Center. Each student can reserve up to three complimentary tickets for this event and any additional guests are $10 each. After check-in, students will be directed to a Welcome Tent to pick-up Welcome Dinner tickets. Tickets for a preferred dinner time are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
At 7 p.m., students say goodbye to their parents and will join the residence hall staff in their respective residence hall to officially welcome them to campus and begin the Orientation Weekend activities. Students who will be commuting to campus this academic year are invited to join AU Saturday morning, Aug. 22, for the Welcome to New Experiences Program.
During O-Weekend, students will have the opportunity to:
· Residential Students: Move into your residence hall and get settled (Friday, August 21)
· Commuter Students: Join us on Saturday and Sunday! Commuter Check-In is on Saturday morning before the Welcome to New Experiences program.
· Purchase textbooks or pick up reserved textbooks
· Attend the Welcome Dinner with your parents
· Attend the Welcome to New Experiences Program
· Meet your O-Teamer and peers during J.A.M. Team Meetings
· Attend Park Street or Five Stones Community Church Service
· Participate in Feed Ashland, a community service project with your peers
· Enjoy a personalized campus tour and find your classroom locations
· Attend your academic meeting and meet faculty in your major
· Attend Involvement Fair to get plugged into campus life!
For a complete Orientation Weekend schedule, visit www.ashland.edu/orientation or see pages 7 to 12 in the 2015 Orientation Guidebook.
Ashland University is a mid-sized, private university conveniently located a short distance from Akron, Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio. Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) values the individual student and offers a unique educational experience that combines the challenge of strong, applied academic programs with a faculty and staff who build nurturing relationships with their students. ###