11/4/14 ASHLAND, Ohio – Registered nurses looking to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree at Ashland University might be eligible for a new $1,000 nursing scholarship from the Shelby Foundation.
The $1,000 Wanda June Humphrey Nursing Scholarship was established by the Shelby Foundation to financially assist a registered nurse who is attending a higher learning institution to obtain a Bachelor of Science in nursing degree.
Applicants for the Wanda June Humphrey Nursing Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Hold an active Registered Nurse license in the State of Ohio
- Be accepted into an accredited BSN program
- Reside in Richland County, Ohio
- Provide proof of enrollment for the upcoming term
- Be employed while attending school
- Submit the application prior to the deadline
Applications must be received by Friday, Nov. 21. Electronic grant application and submission instructions are available at the Shelby Foundation website at www.theshelbyfoundation.org. Those with questions can contact Carrie Kemerer at 419-342-3686 or email her at: email@example.com.
Wanda June Humphrey was a registered nurse who provided care to the community of Shelby for more than 26 years. Always the visionary, she recognized the need for nurses to continually embrace life-long learning.
Ashland University’s CCNE accredited online RN to BSN program was developed in 1980 for adult students with busy lives and is designed to meet the needs of a working professional. Recently Ashland University reduced this program’s tuition to $350 a credit hour, nearly a 30 percent decrease.
Ashland’s RN to BSN Program offers:
- The ability to complete the program in 15 months
- On-line, accelerated eight-week classes
- Opportunity to choose area of concentration: Gerontology, Management, School Nurse Licensure Prep, or Design Your Own
- Affordable tuition – Small class sizes
- No challenge exams – 27 hours of credit for having an RN license
- Scholarships and tuition deferments available
- Global studies and mission opportunities
Those wanting more information about the Ashland program can visit www.ashland.edu/nursing.
Ashland University, which has been ranked in the top 200 colleges and universities in U.S. News and World Report’s National Universities category, is a mid-sized, private university conveniently located a short distance from Akron, Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio. Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) values the individual student and offers a unique educational experience that combines the challenge of strong, applied academic programs with a faculty and staff who build nurturing relationships with their students. ###