6/10/19 ASHLAND, Ohio – Ashland University President Dr. Carlos Campo will be inducted into the new class of Ohio Commodores on June 21 at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
Membership in the executive order of the Ohio Commodores is only possible through appointment by Ohio’s Governor in recognition for outstanding contributions to the economic development in their communities as well as the state of Ohio. It is considered Ohio’s “most distinguished honor.”
Dr. Campo had multiple nominations, including Grove City Mayor Ike Stage, an AU alumnus and Ohio Commodores member.
The Association of Ohio Commodores is a non-profit, non-partisan organization of active and retired business professionals of more than 250 men and women who have received the Executive Order of the Ohio Commodore.
Members include government officials such as members of the Governor’s Cabinet; distinguished university professors and administrators; leaders of trade associations and economic development organizations; and senior executives of large, medium and small manufacturers from across Ohio in a wide variety of industries.
Membership offers a number of benefits, including:
- Opportunities to gain an understanding of — and advance — key State of Ohio Administration initiatives that can positively impact Ohio and its citizens.
- Opportunities to further develop leadership skills and strengthen relationships with a regional and statewide network of Ohio Commodore members similarly devoted to service to the State.
- Opportunities to support business investment decisions, i.e., qualified leads of foreign or domestic businesses considering relocation that will create jobs in Ohio.
- Opportunities to support international endeavors that strengthen Ohio by participating in trade missions, or through support of international delegation visits.
- Unique opportunities to develop a relationship with members of the Governor and Lt. Governor’s Administration, Cabinet members, the Ohio Congressional delegation, and business leaders whom are inducted as Ohio Commodores.
Ashland University, which has been ranked in the top tier of colleges and universities in U.S. News and World Report’s National Universities category, is a mid-sized, comprehensive private university conveniently located a short distance from Akron, Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio. Religiously affiliated with the Brethren Church, Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) deeply values the individual student and offers a unique educational experience that combines the challenge of strong, applied academic programs with a faculty and staff who build nurturing relationships with their students. ###