03/05/2021 ASHLAND, Ohio – The Ashland University Department of Music has announced its spring schedule of events. All are in Hugo Young Theatre except as noted. Seating capacity is limited. Facial coverings and distanced seating are required for all audience members.
Events are subject to change. Call 419-289-5100 to check the status of events.
- Thomas Reed, faculty clarinet/saxophone recital: Sunday, March 14, 7:30 p.m. No tickets required
- Maplerock Jazz Festival with the Ashland U. Jazz Orchestra and guest artists The Cleveland Jazz Orchestra: Friday, March 19 at 7:30 p.m. Advance tickets required*, free
- Symphonic Band Concert: Sunday, March 21 at 4 p.m. Advance tickets required*, free
- Kris Farinet, junior tuba recital: Thursday, April 8, 7:30 p.m. No tickets required
- Jacob Moses, junior clarinet recital: Sunday, April 11, 7:30 p.m. No tickets required
- Emma Graves, junior flute recital: Sunday, April 18, 7:30 p.m. No tickets required
- Jazz at the Nest with the Ashland U. Jazz Orchestra: Tuesday, April 20, 7:30 p.m. AU Student Center Patio (rain location Hugo Young Theatre). No tickets required
- Spring Symphonic Band Concert: Sunday, April 25 at 4 p.m. Advance tickets required*, free
- Department of Music Honors Recital Department awards presentation: Monday, April 26, 7:30 p.m. No tickets required
- Spring Choral Concert, location TBA: Sunday, May 2, 4 p.m.
* For tickets, contact the AU Campus Store at 419-289-5336. Tickets will not be available at the event, but “will call” tickets may be picked up beginning at 6:45.
Doors will open 30 minutes prior to each event.