To our Ashland University students,
Your health and safety are of utmost concern.
With that in mind, we want to remind you that cold and flu season is especially harsh this year, but there are simple things you can do to keep yourself healthy.
A few tips:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water aren’t available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/ nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
In addition, you’ve probably heard a lot of media coverage about COVID-19, or novel (new) coronavirus. There are no vaccines available to prevent the virus. To answer the basic COVID-19 questions, we are providing this graphic from the Ohio Department of Health. Should you believe you have symptoms of the virus, please contact the Student Health Center prior to going there. On evenings and weekends, first contact your medical provider, urgent care, or other health care facility before attempting to be seen by them.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Health Center at 419-289-5200, the Ashland County Health Department at 419-282-4231 or go to the Ohio Department of Health website at https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/home or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at https://www.cdc.gov/